Duplicate Project

I’m using an Ipad and Shapr does not provide any option other than “rename” or “delete” in regards to my “project”. I simply would like to duplicate a project I’m working on so that I can make different alterations to both without losing the core design. Any ideas? Thanks!

Export it using Save As. Export it again using Save As using a different name. Do this as many times as you want. Then begin a new project and import the version you want.

1 Like

Hi Reuben,
Here is another way. Your screenshot is on the “Recents” page. If you use the back arrow (top left) you can choose the “Projects” page. When there, click the “Select” button, choose the file you want to duplicate, and finally hit the “Duplicate” button at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, that’s potentially an even better way. My only hesitation on this method is that I still have to go back in and rename each title to represent the feature or version so I know which design I’m working on.

As @Bob3DPO mentioned, at the bottom of the Recents page you’ll find the Duplicate button.
BTW, I’m really enjoying organizing my projects in respective folders with the latest release.

1 Like

Hi Mike,
I’m patiently waiting for the update to be available to me! :hourglass: It looks like a great update from your screen shot!

App version 5.491

1 Like

Mike, so when I save my designs to Files, I have access to them on any device through iCloud. When we save to the folders, within Shapr3D,if we lose, get a corrupted app, or accidentally deleted the app, would we lose all of our designs? Have you tried save a Shapr3D folder to Files? Seems like this begs the need to back to having dual iPads as I had before. That way they sync to each other. Shapr3D is my workhorse. I’d be devastated if I lost my work because I didn’t save to iCloud. McD

Hi Tom,
I just received the auto download of this version today and only spent a short while playing with folders. I do not know the ins and outs yet but I do like the implementation. It’s a good start. I like the way the folders are placed in alphabetical order however the projects within the folder are not. Folders within folders is nice. Would be nice if projects were kept in alphabetical order as well.

I too use iCloud for backups as well.

Bob, that’s great! Even easier—-I appreciate that—thanks man👍🏼!

1 Like

Marvelous McD! I suppose that was a no brainer—-but new to the software! Much obliged​:point_right:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: