Export perspective as vector line art

How do you export a perspective view as vector line art for use in illustrator?

1 Like

Hi, you will be able to export the perspective view in just a few days as dxf/dwg format with our drawings feature :wink: Until that time please export your design as an image and trace it in Illustrator

Honestly, I need this feature too.
So I don’t have to go to skp in order to get “vector line art”.

Hello! Just a heads up, we have released version 4.0.0 with drawings, please check it out for vector lines :wink:

2 Likes

Does this (version 4.0.0 with drawings) work for those on trial period of Pro version as well?

Hi!

It does, and if you keep your PRO subscription going after the trial, you will get access to Business tier for the PRO price.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Is version 4.0.0 available now then?

David

Yes, you can upgrade in the App Store.

My mistake; I thought you meant the iOS version. :roll_eyes:

Is there a feature coming that allows us to export any custom perspective view as vector? Not just the standard ortho views and one set iso.

You can do that already without any specific export tool :slight_smile: Just rotate the model and project it to any plane. The result will be a group of curves that can be exported as DXF, DWG, or SVG with the Sketch Export tool:

2 Likes

Is there a way to get it to only project the non hidden lines?

It is not possible to filter them out, the only solution is to remove the invisible ones from the projected sketch.