Printing a scale 2D drawing

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing

Is it possible to print (to paper) a scale 2D drawing? I’d like to create a 2D sketch and print it, before turning it into a 3D model.

Hi - not yet. It is on our roadmap though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great.

Is there any program that we can use one the iPad Pro to get the files 2d to pdf ?

Hi Justin - yes, there are a couple which does export in PDF. DWG Fastview - CAD Viewer&Editor is one of them.

Thanks for the help .

I am confused… (also brand new)

As I understood it, the pro version unlock/lets you create 2d drawings… is that not correct?

On the app, you create 2d drawings which can be exported to other CAD tools in DWG/DXF formats for further editing. Only not yet possible to create 2d technical drawings with all dimensions visible that can be printed as a PDF file. The latter is on our road map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any progress on 2D printing directly from Shapr ??

Hi, we are working on it and there is no ETA yet on when it will be live. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, Maybe you can save as SWG file and open it in Illustrator. Afterhours open ing in Illustrator you can export it ad pdf file.

Hi, welcome to the forum :slight_smile: The app supports DWG/DXF file formats. You can share drawings between the app and Illustrator in these formats

I am new to the program and generally enjoying some success. I have tried several dwg viewers with no success when exporting my drawings, including DWG Fastview. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I have also tried importing /opening with Adobe illustrator with no success. Do I need a proper AutoCAD program?

Hello - my first guess would be the view settings, it might be that you export something from the xy axis, but dwg fastview shows the yz - this renders your export drawing into a single line. Make sure you use the same view across apps. Let us know if this helps.

1 Like

I realize now that some of the issue was my use of the program. After sketching on a plane and building my image I would sometimes eliminate the sketch. Regardless, I did a test and made a simple, mean nothing project and exported as a .dwg file. I opened the drawing in 4 different programs, Autodesk DWG trueviewer, eDrawings 2020, DWG fastview and Adobe Illustrator. I wasn’t able to make much of anything from any of them. The autodesk trueviewer was closest showing the shapes on the xyz planes. What should I be expecting? All I seen was the basic sketch shapes with no detail. I was hoping to have a drawing that I could complete in 2d. I never found in any of the programs the import view settings. Is there a better viewer tool? I am new to this, so don’t laugh too hard… thanks for any assistance.

Hi - would you please reach out to support@shapr3d.com, with pictures/videos if possible. We would love to help, just have to understand the situation better.

1 Like

Any chance this will this feature be any thing other than something on your so called road map. I believed 2d printing was available to pro users. With out this function your app has really become a very expensive app for 3D printing hobbyists at best.

1 Like

Is there any update on printing as pdf?

Сегодня должно быть обновление в течении дня.