Exporting 3MF files for use in orca slicer

OK so I am new to Shaper 3D but getting along well. I have a 3V3 Ender printer that I have printed several items on, recently I designed in Shaper 3d a simple cup adn lid caddy to hold cold drink cups for a restaurant. Basically just a simple rectangle with two extruded holes for the cups and lids. Put a few chamfers on it and a finger groove to grab the edges of the lids and cups. I selected the whole body of the part and exported it in 3MF.

I import that into Orca slicer 2.1.1 but when I go to print it, the items is off center and off edge of the plate even though I center it on the plate for printing. I am confused as to what I am doing wrong here.

Well I am replying to my own post, a little testing goes along way!

After several failed attempts at this, I finally decided to read up on step vs. 3mf and whataya know, it worked. I used step AP242 output formula and this thing ran like clockwork. Flawlessly printing at over 13 hours on this part, and no hangups. So for anyone out there using a Creality Endur 3V3 or a K1 printer and Orca Slicer ver. 2.1.1, export from Shaper 3d as a Step File AP242 and things will go as planned.

Some printer programs, for example Cura, insists setting the origin at the edge of XY plane of the printer with 3MF. STL is limited but fine.

3mf_240713

/BK

1 Like

BKE so appreciate the followup on this subject matter. I know I was probably skirting the actual issue with a mod fix, but I am going to go back and re orient my part to allow for your suggestion and see if that works. Cant begin to tell you how frustrating that was to deal with, print after print, seeing the item on the build plate with plenty of room on each side, and suddenly the print head just stopping for no apparent reason. Thank you for the follow up!

/JM

Does Orca not allow you to place parts anywhere you desire?

1 Like

Yes you can arrange parts but for some reason on this one part it seemed to always want to re-orient and send the printer head out of the area. I resized the print, changed the corners to rounded edges and along with the STEP format all went as planned, the print came out perfect.