File organization inside Shapr3d

I’m wondering if there’s any plan to implement the organization of files within the opening screen. It’s great that my 2 most recent designs are highlighted when I open the app, but scrolling through about a hundred designs, which are automatically/forcibly sorted by the date of their most recent open (i.e. one at the middle last time isn’t reliably at the middle this time), means finding designs is a substantial pain. Especially if I’ve had to make several models which look very similar but are for different purposes.

A simple folder structure would help the user experience a ton, and for some reason I assume it would be relatively easy to implement. Is this on the horizon? Thanks!

6 Likes

I agree completely.
A folder structure would allow different versions to grouped. At the moment they appear scattered around.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

I also agree to this issue of latest access sorting as annoying when number of designs have increased and you just want to browse your library.

However, what would be a better solution is not self evident in my view. Let the developers innovate by giving us what we need rather than the solution we ask for :).

I didn’t see Shapr3D coming when I earlier was messing with 3D modelling in SketchUp!..

Yes, please, with a side of “how hard can it be, every other iOS app has it”. How long have you been hearing this?

1 Like

I can think of many better options, actually—you don’t have to look far, because many of them are built in to the device/OS you’re using Shapr on. They’re the same ones you use elsewhere when the alternative would be to look at a seemingly endless list of files. These include:
-nested folders
-“sort by” (name, date created, date modified, size, filetype, etc.)
-colour tagging
-search function

Any one of these would be extremely useful.

The file organization part of a program doesn’t need to be innovative, it just needs to be logical.

4 Likes

Still no movement on this, hey? I realize it may not be top priority—it’s not as flashy as AR—but it feels like pretty baseline functionality and can’t be that hard to implement…

I hope they improve it soon!

2 Likes

Still nothing in the way of an organizational structure, hey? The absence of any way to organize designs is a major hindrance to usability, and I‘m astonished this still hasn’t been addressed in even a rudimentary form. This can’t be a complicated thing to fix…

This question gets asked so much. Folders and color organization would make things SO much better.

1 Like

Time for my twice-yearly (!) “bump” of this topic…

1 Like