Going to buy a device for shapr 3d) is the ipad version different from the macbook version?

Hello! going to buy a device to use the program shapr 3d! ipad much weaker than macbook? is it possible to work only on ipad?

I use Shapr3D on my iPad all the time.
I have Shapr on my laptop as well, but rarely use it as I prefer the iPad and pen.

1 Like

I second @Stephen 's comment.
Although I have an iMac Pro, I prefer to 3D model on the iPad Pro.

1 Like

iPad Pro is this way to go

1 Like

As always, the question is how, and what are you going to use it for. Each platform has their merits.

If you want the most mobility, and the pencil experience, the iPad is definitely the way to go. However iPadOS still has more limits than macOS or Windows. For example, if you want to 3D print, most slicers aren’t available on the iPad, and the amount of CPU power and RAM you can have at maximum is more limited. It’s completely fine for simple / medium complexity models, but once you reach multiple thousands of bodies in a project, it will start to show it’s limits.

On mac and Windows you can have higher specs (though, usually at higher price). More storage, more CPU and RAM, more GPU power, but you are sacrificing some / most of the mobility (depending on if you go for a Laptop or a full Desktop build). But more software are available (CNC, Slicers etc), as well as more driver support for other input devices (Spacemouse, Wacom tablets).

In the end, it’s up to you, which platform fits you the best. With Shapr3D Cloud you can access all your designs on every platform, so the key very well could be having multiple devices.

1 Like