Help and suggestions

Hi there,

I’m a new user and also new to CAD. Some things that I would love to do (I’m using the Windows version if that matters), but can’t figure out how to do:

• I can’t customize drawing legends to add tolerances, material notes, etc. Is that possible?
  • I can’t add decimal points to dimensions. My teacher tells me that’s important for specifying tolerances. For example, specifying something like “.X = ± 0.2mm and .XX = 0.1mm” would let the machinist know that a dimension that reads 2.0mm would know that the tolerance needs to be ± 0.2mm.
  • I would love to be able to make some objects in my design translucent, so that I can place other, separate objects inside of them or in complex geometry, to visualize them all together. Is that possible?
  • Is there an easy way to tell the depth of a hole once it’s been cut into a surface? For example, I have a block, and I draw a circle and cut a hole into the block. Once I do that. I can easily see the depth of the material remaining at the bottom of the hole, but I can’t see the depth of the hole. It’s easy math to do, so it’s not a huge deal, but I’ve noticed this has just been a small annoyance.

Thanks!

Hi there,
I want to assemble my drawing to let my production partner proof if everything is right. But I dont know how to.

Can you please help me out.

Kind regards
Rudi

Tolerances are here!