Help reducing pipe size

Hi All!

I am trying to create exhaust fan mount that will go from 120mm fan down to a 3 inch exhaust pipe. I have created and extruded 2 pipes, one from the 120mm fan and then one that is the 3 inch pipe. How to I join these together so that a reduction funnel is created?

The Loft function will do what you want. Create separate sketches with the two pipe outer diameters (suggest using using construction planes offset 0mm from the ends of the pipes and projecting the pipes onto them), remove the inner circle of the projected profiles, loft the two remaining circles, and then use the Shell operation to hollow out the body that was created.

The main issue I encountered was the inability to make a multiple profile selection for each of the loft surfaces, so I had to remove the inner circle to allow me to use everything inside the outer circle for the loft operation. Also, for some reason, I had to delete the inner circle three times.

Howdy!

Thanks so much for the tip. This worked on iOS, but would not work for me on Windows 11. For some reason, the Win 11 client would resize the new body instead of creating a shell.

Part is ready to print!

Have a great weekend!

1 Like