Lofting between two faces

I’m trying to create a loft from the tip of my cooling duct to an inlet above it. I’d like the loft to follow a smooth curve. I’ve watched every LOFT tutorial I can find, and they all seem to show how to loft between planes (circles, rectangles etc). But I want to loft from my duct exit to its entrance. And I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it.
Here’s my current cooling duct. Currently the duct travels vertically, and then sweeps outwards in an arc. I want the arc to begin at the top and sweep down to the duct exit.

Something like that?

Or like this?

I think I have to stop doing that :slight_smile:

Hi. OK, this is like magic! Your third example is what I’m after - how do you DO it?

1 Like

That LOOKS simple enough - but I can’t draw the tqo shapes with my curve. It looks impossible to do…

Can you send me the project file? Hard to understand what curve do you need from your first image.

If you don’t want to share full project, you can make empty project with only two sketches between you need to do a loft.

Hang on a bit mate - I’ll do it now.

OK, here is the STEP file, together with some PNG’s in order to explain what I’m trying to do.
“Fan duct 1” shows the angle and position
Fan duct 2
of the duct outlet, which needs to remain, as does it’s distance from the bottom of the ovaloid bolt holes - this is to ensure sufficient vertical adjustment room.
“Fan duct 2” attempts to show the desired curve from top to bottom. As it is, the gap between the vertical section of the duct is quite small, obscuring the hotend partially from view. I want to open this as much as possible, to have an unobstructed view of what’s printing.

I have tried (to no avasil) to draw this, but can’t…I hope this makes sense.

RTFM Sprite fan duct with BD Sensor CPAP STEP v6.step (1.7 MB)
Fan duct 1

Ok, will try to solve it in the evening :slight_smile:

You’re my hero!

5Here’s an actual photo of the duct on my printer (from the front). See how the visibility of the nozzel is obstructed by the vertical ducts? I’d really like to open this gap out as much as possible.

For now I ended up with something like this but I’m planning to play with it more.

What printer is that? Can you send a pic a little further away to see the whole extruder and another of the printer?

Greetings,
I took you file and did something a little different. I split the duct in half and mirrored the half with the straighter inner corner. On the mirrored half I removed the small bracket. I salvaged the larger bracket from the half I deleted. After clean up with some surfaces and a Union the result is shown below. The duct on the left is the original and the duct on the right is the modified one. The yellow half represents the modified mirrored portion. Will this, or a variation of this work for you?

1 Like

Here is the current result. Not sure is it better then original one…

1 Like

Another one. This one is more smooth.

Tomorrow I will make even better :slight_smile:

Suddenly I understood that is is already tomorrow so here is another variant.

Comparison with original: