Hidden parts appearing after duplication

Hi, I have multiple Shapr files which consists many hidden parts Because I like pulling out one file that can be changed rapidly.
The problem is whenever I import this one of these files and try to duplicate it- It suddenly shows the entire file with all its hidden parts included.
Is there a solution for this?
Thank you,
Mickey

Hi,

If you select the whole folder, everything (including the hidden parts) will be duplicated.

But if you use area selection on, that works on the visible bodies, so then you can copy them.

Thank you, Nice workaround but a bit frustrating since using the area selection tool is not always working that well for me.
Is this a bug? because if a folder is being duplicated it doesn’t necessarily mean I wanted it to show all of its hidden parts…

No, it’s intentionally showing that everything is copied. It helps users not to accidentally create projects with hundreds / thousands of hidden bodies, which could slow down the app.

The visibility status is only set for the specific bodies, and since there is no connection between the original and newly created ones (similar to how there is no connection between the sketches and the created bodies) at the time of creation, we don’t set it for the new bodies.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like