Hollow solid object keeping all faces

I’d like to 3D print some objects. Is it possible to hollow out an object and to set the width of the wall in order to reduce the amount of printing material used?

Yes it’s possible.

1. Make B copy of body A.
  2. Shell removing outer face of body A
  3. Shell removing inner face of body B
  4. Unite bodies A and B

Thanks very much.

@ChocolateLover + @LePapa
A problem with Discourse/Forum caused me to miss this Thread previously, the plus side is that hopefully you will gain from this process.
The following is an alternative to that suggested above:

Copying is not needed. Simply select the entire body, and apply the Shell tool.

I have the same question. I downloaded an object from thingiverse and I am trying to use the Shell command on it. I want to hollow the Halloween sculpture out so I can add a battery powered LED to the inside. And then I am going to print it out in translucent Dark Purple. I found filament which is as close as I can get to the color of a Black Light bulb.
I tap on Shell then I tap on the object but it just says invalid. Maybe I just don’t understand how to use the shell command. Also I tried to create a round cylinder and then tried to just use the subtract command which I do no how to use but that also does not work. It would be nice if there was a simpler way to edit objects from Thingiverse. All I seem to be able to do is basically slice the object.

It’s probably because you are importing an STL mesh file. Support for editing mesh files is very limited in Shapr3D. The primary purpose of mesh bodies is to serve as a reference.

Also I got off of Thingiverse a Pumpkin design. I sliced the top off which made it kind of hollow inside then I added a design from one of the Pumpkin carving kits of a Vampire. Looks great but I want to be able to turn it in to a 1 or 2 wall design so I can print it in Vase mode. The walls of the pumpkin are just to thick.

@Johngerard
What about just print it up side down or in two pieces and then use glue gun to make it one piece. I think life will be easier this way.