How do I set the difference?

Hello,

in this rectangle I added a horizontal line which should be placed 254 mm above the bottom horizontal line. I can’t figure out how I can specify this distance of 254 mm. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot in advance! :slightly_smiling_face: Zumen

Hi, just select the two endpoints and type in the distance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey KPeter,

OK, that’s exactly what I did and it worked :smiley:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-18 um 11.18.26
Thanks a lot!

Just drew another horizontal line. But after entering the distance of 254 mm like I did before the line below was automatically shortened, which is strange. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: How can I prevent that from happening?

That is to say the end point (highlighted in red) jumps to the right. Why does this happen?

Is it possible that the distance between the top and bottom lines is smaller than 254 x 2 mm? In this case moving the point horizontally is the solution to maintain equal distances.

Hi KPeter, when I first drew the second line the distance to the line below it was 246 mm. I just deleted it and drew it a second time. This time a little further up. But when I then define the distance of 254 mm the same thing happens like before. The line is inclining towards the left. Also, what point are you referring to that I should move horizontally?