How to connect two segments?

Total beginner here. Tried to connect a second line to a first one but wasn‘t succesful. What‘s the reason here? See this screen recording:

Thanks so much,
Stefan.

The problem is that regardless of the grid/snap settings the start point of the second line always lies around the end point of the first line – but it‘s not possible to make them the same (one) single point. :frowning:

Mh, strange. It‘s a Dropbox link. Discourse seems to have a problem when it immediately embeds this link as a playable video …
Here‘s the link again (hopefully not transformed by Discourse into an embedded player).

Very strange. Can you please send the workspace in .shapr format to support@shapr3d.com? Also, can you try starting the line from the other direction? Probably turning off the grid snapping would help as well.

Oh, I see in the end your try turning off grid snapping. Then please send the workspace to support, it would be incredibly helpful.

1 Like

THAT‘S IT! You‘re totall right! See the screenshot:

But how could this happen?! How could the grid eben be above the xy plane? Or the xy plane below the grid? And how can I fix it so that I have the grid again at z=0?

I killed the app, launched it again. Still, the grid wasn‘t in the xy plane (at z=0).
I then tapped on the „Reset View & Grid“ button and explicitly selected the „X Y plane“ again.
Now everything‘s back to normal again! :smiley:

(So it‘s not necessary to send the workspace to the support, I guess, @Istvan?! :wink:)

Thanks a lot for the ultra quick replies, @roboticshobbyist & @Istvan! Very much appreciated! :+1:

2 Likes