How to delete this updated version?

Please allow a way to go back to the previous version. My workflow had drastically been affected by this new update. Having to learn how to ride a bike again basically and do not have time for that. Plus having a lot of crashes and errors. Not able to edit my work like before. HUGE HEADACHE. Thanks

3 Likes

I understand that at the first time parametric modeling can be confusing. What is your problem exactly? Basically if you close the history panel, Shapr3D should work almost exactly the same as before, the biggest difference being that instead of deleting your sketches, you should just hide them.

I am sorry but deleting sketches is not a habit that can be changed. It is a NEED and a MUST. I ask you back Why should I keep unwanted sketches that I dont realy need? I just want to delete it. Biggest change is not only linked sketch. Projection, move body and line, auto sketch on a body, auto circle line, auto hide sketch after cut. They act weirdly and slowdown user workflow. Even history makes opening file way slower.
Please remember that you make an app for user who love shapr3d by its simplicity but powerful. You can’t force users to love your idea and eliminate their needs.

2 Likes

Almost everyone here agrees. Direct modeling and the instant visual feedback is great.

Now we can do direct modeling of sketches too, and it is even better, and far more powerful and flexible. It does require a new way of looking at projects, but the benefits are huge and quickly become obvious.

Instead of thinking of a sketch as just a (disposable) starting point for your design, think of it as a smart design tool that can be enhanced and adapted as needed. But as Istvan said, you can pretty much ignore the new benefits as long as you hide sketches instead of deleting them.

But you can do a lot more – learning bits and pieces gradually if you want. Direct modeling on sketches works just like direct modeling on bodies – the sketch responds to your changes in real time, including the associated bodies (whether they are extruded, revolved, lofted, etc.)

But the huge advantage live sketches have over bodies is that you can use constraints for dimensions, distances, symmetry, centerline, etc. while still permitting some things to move freely. This is difficult or impossible to do if you only manipulate bodies and it is quite easy to “break” things unintentionally.

Start gradually. Old habits die hard, but I suspect that most or all of the errors will disappear once you get used to hiding sketches instead of deleting them.

If you need a visual reminder for a while, leave the history panel open. It takes up space, but you will immediately get Yellow warning signs if you accidentally delete a sketch instead of hiding it (and you will, quite a bit a first – ask me how I know :innocent:). When that happens, just use the undo button which will undelete the sketch and fix the error – then hide it instead.

Soon enough, your muscle memory will change to use the hide function instead of delete. Honestly, IMHO, this is not that hard to do, and then you can continue to use Shapr3D the old way forever if you wish. But if you can eventually spare the time (which is not that much) to explore some of the new features, I’m positive you’ll save time in the long run and have better designs with fewer errors.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but many of us don’t have time to test beta versions and have many other issues to worry about. Shapr did exactly what I needed it to do for a few months, and then this version was forced on me unconditionally. Despite what Istvan said, if you hide the history panel, modeling is definitely NOT identical to what we had before. It is much different. All I wanted was an option to keep the version I had (like every other engineering software I’ve used during the last 30 years), but when I contacted support, all they had to say is “Sorry, that’s how Shapr3D works”.

Fine, I’m sure parametric is awesome, but my problem is how it was forced down on people who may have been in the middle of projects. I had a deadline tomorrow that I had to push back a week even though the 3d modeling part isn’t even 20% of the project. It’s ok though, and I’m glad I gave shapr a chance, and I’ll still use it for quick modeling here and there, but I have to move on to something that is more consistent with all of my other software tools.

I’m glad you love it, but there should have been a better method than deploying a major version overnight, and having people debug their beta version on the side is not one of those methods.

2 Likes

I use it every day. I don’t like it very much recently.

In response to some feedback on the recent use of shapr3d, I think it is very important.

He has become complicated, no longer stable, and the data collapses to the eed to cry without tears.

I lost the simplicity and ease of use, especially after the release of the history, I no longer adapt to it.

For the history, can you turn on the option for users who are used to modeling in this way?

For historical records, you can choose to add removal records and collapse records.

I don’t want it to end up like ug sd proe because I used to work with them. I don’t want to go back to the past.

I agree with the overwhelming sentiment here that don’t like the new update with linked sketches. I want less work not more and this is much more work and new things I have to think about I don’t want to. It use to be simple, fast and intuitive. No more. Now I have to think about cancelling my subscription to what was a create product.

4 Likes

I can really agree with it.
There solution is pretty much „life with it“.
Okay, sure, than I go back to fusion, gave me pretty much the same workflow now and all of the sudden have waaaaaay more features for an slightly higher price.
Shapr is not worth the money anymore and I hate that they don’t listen to their community

4 Likes