Skipping intro tutorial

Hi There - I just started using Shapr3D on the iPad. Is there a way to disable or skip your introductory tutorials when opening the software? I’m practicing for small blocks of time each day and sitting through those tutorials each session keeps me from the lessons I’d prefer to work on.

Thanks much.

Hi,

Just go through them once, you can still reach them in the app, Learn tab / Redo the basics. Until you have finished it once, it will keep popping up.

Super, thanks very much Laci.

this is a waste of time if you have familiarity with cad. at least let us skip section by section, so i don’t have to learn how to pan. my last tutorial didn’t even save, and now i’m forced to go back through it. such a stupid policy

1 Like

I also have a problem with the introduction here. With me the whole thing stops at (2). There is no continue button there. So I don’t get any further. I get stuck and have been trying to solve the problem for half an hour. I don’t need an introduction either. I have already looked at all your tutorials. Honestly, I’m just sitting here wondering why I have to waste my time with something like this.
I would like to skip the unnecessary introduction. Is that possible?
Wolfgang

Hi @WsWs , not it’s not possible to skip the tutorial. Where did you get stuck exactly? Can you share a screenshot?

Here is my screenshot. But why isn‘t it possible to skip the introduction? I work with Rhino3D, Moment of Inspiration and Vectorworks. I think i don‘t need an introduction. I have been riding a bike for over 30 years. And when I buy a new bike, I can ride it right away and don’t have to take a course in cycling first :wink:
My Sys-Config: iPad pro 2. Gen. + iOS 15.7

You haven’t drawn a circle yet, that’s why the next button doesn’t show up.

Hello Istavn,
thank you for your help. I did not know that I necessarily have to draw a whole circle. I thought a few arcs would be fine too. But now I know how to draw a circle. I will now try to copy everything shown in the introduction very very very exactly :wink: Jokes aside: You may have reasons why you can’t turn off the intro. But I find it a bit absurd. Please don’t take it personally. But I just want to move on quickly here and it’s soon weekend.
Wolfgang

Shapr3D is quite different from most CAD systems. We’ve learned over the years that on average the odds of success of users skipping the tutorial is much much lower than for those who complete it.

Please remove this, or add a Skip button.

This feels like an incredible waste of time and also a form of patronizing. To block your users from getting started with the app, goes against every UX convention.

You don’t know the context of users installing this app. You can’t know if they have time for this. Nor do you know their experience level.

1 Like

This is simply beyond me - an unskippable tutorial?!

I’ve been using the software for two years now and logged out in the latest update. Now it forces me to do a tutorial about moving around.

Your software is good - intuitive and fast. I fully agree with the previous poster - the unskippable tutorial is patronizing at best, and bad design at worst.

If you sign in on the first screen, you don’t need to do the tutorial if you’ve done it before.

Hi,

This was on a machine that I was already logged in. Resorted to full re-install and login, which solved the issue. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Piotr

For a variety of reasons sometimes you might get logged out from time to time unfortunately. Simply reentering your email and password should solve the issue.

Sure, unfortunately, in this case, I wasn’t landed with a prompt for login, but rather right into the tutorial. This repeated with closing and re-opening the program with no login prompt in sight. I could briefly glimpse my old, non-synced designs (and no new designs put together on another device in the meantime). So I suspect there’s some bug, but at the same time, re-install likely wiped the logs and the possibility of troubleshooting further.

With that in mind, my issue is resolved; if there’s any info you’d like to get give me a shout, otherwise I’m OK with where I am at the moment.

I just started the app for the first time in a bit on Windows, and hit the unskippable tutorial. And then I couldn’t even get through it - the window would disappear, then I’d have to restart it, and finally Shapr just crashed. I had to do an urgent small model, and I can’t. I’ve been a paying customer for a year, and now question whether this is an application I can rely on.

Please update to the latest version. This was a bug that impacted a few users, we fixed it in a day after we learned about it. With the latest update you should not have this problem. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi!
Please remove to forced tutorial. It renders this software useless for testing purposes.
I am a 3d professional and I only need to check if this software reads my 3dstudio max exported files.

I have 30 year experience in 3d modeling so I dont need your tutorial. Add a skip button in the least. Listen to customers and this forum, dont become like Adobe

Thank you.

Hi @345634534674 , we will not remove the intro tutorial, as it dramatically increases the engagement of new users. We did test in the past removing it/making it skippable, and it had a significant negative impact on engagement. It only has to be completed once, and takes less than 5 minutes to complete. I understand that those couple of minutes were frustrating for you as a super experienced CAD user, but you’ll never have to complete that tutorial again.