How to increase subdivisions when export?(segmentation)

Hi, I exported a model to blender, but up close it’s segmentation values don’t reach the rendering requirements. Any suggestions?

looks like low ploy.

Hello! In the STL export window, there is a slider that lets you apply custom settings. There you can set the maximum deviation that is allowed between the CAD and the generated mesh geometry. Reducing the value will result in a smoother mesh but in a higher number of polygons.

What are the bounding dimensions of the models you are working with?

Hi, I’ve tried STL and the subdivision is improved, but the vertex normals don’t display correctly in blender and I tried both binary and ASCII formats, but unfortunately the problem remains.

My design are more than 3 meters in length and width, I guess it has nothing to do with the size. I would really like to have more control when exporting OBJ, this basic format is in huge demand at work, but unfortunately we don’t have any options when exporting.

I don’t want to discuss other software here, but at least give us Triangles, Quads, Ngons and adjustable options when exporting OBJ just like Plasticity.

Hi @NEEO , our focus is on manufacturing, while Plasticity is focusing on graphics.

Yes, I knew that when I bought it, but I want to say that more OBJ export options are requested by many people.
I am now stuck under the wrong vertex display and don’t know what to do, Is there any other way?

Hi @NEEO , you can try to export to x_t format, and import it to Plasticity if you prefer Plasticity’s OBJ export.

Yes, I could do that, but it would be great if it was all in shapr3d.
Anyway thanks for your reply.

P.S. The default Shapr3D OBJ export resolution is about 50%.