How to move a body to an edge

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Eg. “this feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with 100 000+ parts” or “using this feature I should be able to create G2 continuous lofts and manipulate the shape real time” or “with this feature I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”.
Understanding the outcomes that you expect from this feature helps us more than describing an actual implementation of the feature that you’d expect.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?*

If you provided a bit more information than this screenshot, it’d be easier for us to help. But generally speaking, you might want to look into the Align or the Translate tools.

I want to move the blue body to snap to the edge where the move tool is positioned on. I can move the body bu it doesn’t snap to the edge. So I cannot move the to the precise location.

Then it would be either Align or Translate that you need. Have you tried them?

Thanks, Translate did the job. Align did work as wel however, then the body also moves upwards in the z direction, and you have to move it downwards to get it in the original z position again.

Yeah, that’s my biggest complaint with the Align tool. It would be much more useful if you could select two or three points to align to.