I would like to be able to create threads easily

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:
Id be able to make threads easily. This will allow me to easily create nuts, bolts, jars, lids, etc, easily
Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
Be able to create threads by using simple measurements. Add how many times that the thread can revolve around it, and make it easy to make a nut and a bolt
Eg. “this feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with 100 000+ parts” or “using this feature I should be able to create G2 continuous lofts and manipulate the shape real time” or “with this feature I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”.
Understanding the outcomes that you expect from this feature helps us more than describing an actual implementation of the feature that you’d expect.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
It is harder to do with the revolve feature, and I have to go to fusion 360 to do it.
Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down? yes

Hi @electronic_crafter , why do you need modeled threads? Do you want to 3D print them?

Hi Istvan,

I second this feature request. For me, modelling threads is important for visualizing and checking tolerances - and yes a lot of my stuff is 3d printed first. I understand it’s computationally expensive though and a demand on processing. Threads and sheet metal are the only reasons I now go to Fusion 360.

1 Like

Thread annotations are coming soon, modeled threads are also planned, but we don’t know exactly when we’ll implement it.

5 Likes