Import and export selected bodies only

Hi,

I’m trying to export/import a few select bodies from a design, and so far all of the bodies are being saved when importing/exporting. Is it possible to import/export only the highlighted bodies and drawings? (I’ve been using STEP file extension.)

Thanks.

1 Like
  1. Exported items are based on visibility - all visible items in your design are exported, while all hidden are excluded by default
  2. Our STEP export output contains bodies only (no sketches)
2 Likes

A “hide all” button would be handy for this.

A Hide function with maybe also with the option:

Hide > Active
Hide > Inactive

This would make it super fast to chose what to export.

1 Like

The facility to Hide and Unhide is already present, took for the ‘Eye’ Icon, clicking on it will change it’s state:-

Now you see it:

Now you don’t:

Yes, but it could require hundreds of touches to accomplish hiding all but the one body one may desire to export. Some smarts in the selection process would be useful.

1 Like

Shapr3D [S3D] requires organised use.
The MO at present is to use Items Untitled%204 to place appropriate Groups of Bodies into Folders so that Hiding and Unhiding can be achieved more efficiently.
Folders can be Nested enabling Assemblies of Bodies within the Total Grouping to be Switched with a single click.
Selecting all the Bodies required and then Adding a Folder Add%20Folder > optionally Naming it > clicking Show-Expand > selecting More [bottom right] > click Move selected here…
Possibly harder to read than to do? However that is what we have to work with at present and this is unlikely to change until the move to iPadOS occurs. You may already be aware that iPadOS seems destined to improve File Handling on the iPad and the S3D Team will doubtless take advantage of all improvements.

Correction to the above:

selecting More [bottom right] >

should be:

selecting More [bottom left] >
Sorry for the confusion.

Selecting all and then selectively deselecting is part and parcel of “organized use” whether is is selectively printing or selectively including or excluding from a folder.

Hi. What if the eye isnt working? im exporting stl low quality. i want to export just the collar of a handle to investigate it.but when i freeze the other bodies using eye, all parts are exported and are greyed out in slicer(unprintable).

Can you please give us some more info? The version of Shapr3D you are using and some screenshots from the export settings and the slicer would help a lot.

For instance, here is pic of combination tray design.
here is my App Version:5.172.3586.0 #a4d697a8.
When attempting to export an individual layer, by eye freeze, all components export. Here is shot of components frozen before export attempt.
And here is pic of resulting export .stl, opened in slicer.

(pics wont post)
All components export, even when target component is isolated as well.

thx for reply

Hi,

Fix is in progress, will go out with the next release (early next week), thanks for the patience!

1 Like

I agree that toggling visibility is still too much work and friction. What would be wrong with a simple “export selected” function?

2 Likes