Improved possible menu interface suggestion

The problem that this feature will solve:
The first below shows scr/cap from my Surface 6. I find the current interface to clunky, lots of extra moves to get to the tools you need and generally frustrating to navigate if you do not use it all the time AND OR have little screen space on smaller devices. I hate the “… more” button. So I came up with an idea to compact the menu so that it doesn’t need a “more” button and would likely be more intuitive/ friendly menu systems to use. Especially on tablets.

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

I roughed out a graphic to help visualize my ideal menu system for Shapr. One I think would reduce stress (once you learned the changes).

Asking everyone to please look and tell what you think.

My idea menu system would group “like functions” and be a “fly out/ drop down” menu system. This is not my invention, other programs use this style of menu system. My groupings might need some work. Just getting the idea out there.

Annecdote: I had a Wacom tablet 20+ years ago. It came with a simple paint program that looked like school desk with drawers that flew down (IIRC) and revealed your tools to select. Awesome fun to use it was.

Thanks for reading and fell free to like or hate. :laughing:

The menu system…

The side panel system…

Hi @Oregonerd,

One of the things I really like with the current menus is the Adaptive User Interface. Does this have a place in your menu system?

I would think so. Up to clever programmers.