Is there a way to create folders to organize my designs?

Yeahhhh… I appreciate the offer of advice, but that’s not remotely convenient and is nothing like being able to organize the in-app browser. It’s several extra steps, because of all the exporting and importing, and this is exponentially more inconvenient and unwieldy if you’re making regular changes and updates to your designs.

I fear your workaround has been interpreted by Shapr to mean there’s no problem with the basic functionality of their app when it comes to file management, but there definitely is. Any kind of in-app organization structure, like a search bar, or colour-coding, or folder/category organization, would make the app several times more usable (as would making all Shapr documents visible in a Shapr folder inside Files by default, like many other programs—such as Pages, Affinity Photo, and Lumafusion—already do).

1 Like

Honestly it would be far more useful if instead of a manually managed project list, the app just presented a view of its folder in iCloud Drive, avoiding the need to tediously transfer files between devices over and over.

If Shapr3d isn’t using the .shapr format internally — if it’s just for import/export — then maybe this is more difficult, which could explain the constant exporting and importing and reexporting and reimporting the app requires. From the outside it certainly seems like transparent syncing between devices is table stakes for a multiplatform app in 2021, and that everything else should be dropped until it’s implemented, but I trust the developers have good reasons this can’t be done or needs more discussion first.

1 Like

Even a purely in-app solution, though, would be tremendously more useful than the current situation. And there’s obviously some kind of metadata handling already in place because it moves the most recently-opened document to the top.

1 Like

having folders in Shapr would be awesome - did it really slip of the roadmap since 2019 - couldn’t think of anything more important to realize quickly

1 Like

According to our current plans, we’re looking to provide an in-app, cross-platform project syncing solution first, then look at providing better tools to organise existing projects.

Hold tight for updates!

2 Likes

I hope this is getting traction? Really important feature!
Otherwise I’m enjoying this app.

2 Likes

Any updates on this. Seeing the first message about this dates back to 2019. Is the roadmap having any dates on it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I need this too. probabably more than any other feature.
I have more than hundred designs yet and it’s a pain to find an old one…
So please add a possibility to organize the files.

2 Likes

So glad this is starting to get some attention! Any guesses as to how far down the road this is?

3 Likes

Looks like this thread is coming up on 2 years. Is there any sort of ETA on an in app filing system? I only have a years worth of designs and I’m constantly scrolling looking for the needed design. I can only imagine the nightmare of looking for things that some of you other users are having to go through.

5 Likes

Who else is looking forward to the day that we all get to go through our 100’s of designs and organize them into folders directly in the designs panel on the iPad app???

:gift: Please Shapr dev’s, we all have been waiting a VERY long for this. Can your users this year be expecting a Christmas update with this feature included!:face_with_monocle::sweat_smile::pray:

4 Likes

If something’s been ‘on the roadmap’ for almost 3 years now, chances are it’s never going to be implemented.
Source: software developer with things on the roadmap for 3 years now

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, text was on the roadmap 4 years ago and we’re supposed to get it in the December 13 update.

Following up to see if there is any update on this feature. Would be very helpful to be able to organize drawings by project etc

1 Like

It’s frustrating and a bit shocking how little thought has been given to this crucial part of a user’s experience. Please give us -some- kind of organizational structure, devs!

1 Like

Is this actually gonna happen? I love the app, but not being able to organize my files in the designs tab is ridiculous.

We need folders.

Not a want… a NEED.

Other than that, I’m highly stoked on Shapr3D.

4 Likes

Another bump for this feature. It is becoming a necessity for my workflow.

3 Likes

Someone must have covered this issue in oil at some point in 2019, or 2020, or 2021, or 2022, because it has -definitely- slipped…

This painfully-easy-to-implement, baseline functionality feature is never going to happen or it would have by now. It’s clearly not something the devs care about at all.

1 Like

Hi @lhenderson , thanks for bearing with us. I understand that you need folders. We agree that it’s an important feature to have, and we’ll implement in the coming months.

6 Likes