Is there a way to go back to an older version?

A Hide all sketches button is another feature that’s been asked for and ignored many times.

The sketch filter bringing up pointless folders is an annoyance you had to get around and still do unfortunately.

This would have been the ideal time for them to implement something better but they apparently know more than we do about our jobs and what we need. ‘Get used to it.’

I personally had success downgrading with Time Machine, but if you have done anything with a newer version, file will then be incompatible.
Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 15.24.00
Solution :
Before downgrading, export the file in .X_T format :wink:

2 Likes

Well Ive given it a try and it isnt working for me. I like the old version much better. The crashing issue is unbearable. Im already behind on work from trying to figure out this new version, then when it crashes I have to almost do everything all over again. Im not going to save the file after every single action, and seems to crash pretty frequently. No clue what causes it either. For the price I’m paying for this program just to get frustrated and make my work harder, I’m done. Just have to find a program as close to the old version of this one. Really disappointing because I did like working with the program. I guess these “minor” changes in the minds of the company is “major” for some of us. My aggravation with it is just not worth it anymore. Thanks but no thanks.

Obviously it should not crash. Apologies for that. If you can share the problematic project, we’ll fix the issue for the next release. You can share it directly with me or with our support team.

Anyone know off the top of their head, of a program that is as similar to the older version and will import STP files? Thanks, hopefully can get caught back up on work soon….

1 Like

Of course you can import STEP files.

If you are on an iPad, there is nothing even remotely close to Shapr3D.

On desktop, in my opinion, Autodesk Fusion beats Sharp3D any time - even the free tier, because the restrictions are quite reasonable. I never quite understood why there is a Win/Mac version of Shapr3D. For me, the game changer is the pencil. For everything else, I can find a better alternative. For the pencil, there is none at all.

1 Like

I’ve used both Fusion and Shapr3D on my MacBook Pro and I much prefer Shapr3D. Fusion is a resource hog and I’m constantly getting warnings from CleanMyMac X that Fusion is making heavy use of memory even when it’s just sitting idle (I have 32GB of RAM). I find the multitouch trackpad superior to my Apple Pencil for engineering type work. I could see where an artist might prefer the pencil, but I’m far from being an artist.

1 Like