Is there any problem?

1. Quit any additional tools, be sure that delete/transform or any other tools are not active
  2. Press the Apple Pencil until you see the yellow circle, and slightly release (without leaving the surface of the iPad) until you see the green circle. Without leaving the surface of the iPad, start to sketch a line.

Also be sure that your Apple Pencil is charged, and paired with your iPad.

If these does not work please post a video of the issue, that would be really helpful diagnosing the issue.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Let me know if this helped. If it doesn’t we will figure out something.

Hi everyone,
I was working through the Apple Watch tutorial and in the first step I drew the spline and extruded upwards. That worked fine but when I went to extruded sideways I got a failed message at the top of the screen. When I would continue to try to extruded sideways then all of the tools and other icons on the screen would disappear. I could still rotate around the object however there was no way I could do anything else without quitting the app. Additional efforts to add depth to the extruded spline failed.

Any thoughts?

Bret

Can you post a screenshot?

Hi there. I wrote the Apple Watch tutorial so thought I had better have a look at this problem. Same thing has happened to me! Something must have gotten into one of the upgrades that is preventing this form of extrusion. I am sure that the guys at Shapr can sort it out! Best wishes. Andy

Hmm, it works for me, can you guys post a screenshot/screencast?

Hi Istvan - screenshot below was taken just after I tried to extrude the shape sideways. Andy

Mine did exactly the same as Andy’s.

That’s weird, can you share the Shapr file Andy?

Here is the link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u5yi3rxr8bcbka/Splinecrash.shapr?dl=0

I have basis issue extruding a sketch. The surfaces are not solid. Don’t know if this is software or display issue.
The iPad is new 1 day old.

I have sorted myself… Trying to learn…thx…

2 Likes

If you extrude a face, it will create a solid, if you extrude an esge, it will create a shell.

Thanks Istvan.
Keep up the good work…

I’m also having this problem. I tried downloading STEP files created by two different people from SolidWorks, into Readdle Docs, then tried to open them in Shapr3D but just got the message “Wrong File Type. You can import … etc”. I can’t seem to make headway. Both files have .step extensions and are recognised by Readdle Docs as STEP files.

If you can share the models via email (istvan@shapr3d.com) I would take a look. We handle your files confidentially. Do you have the latest version of the app? You may want to try to import it via iCloud Drive, from the workspaces view.

Hello, want to say first that I love this! I have a remodeling business and look forward to getting the hang of this so as to make quick sketches to help my communications with my guys and my customers. One request I have is that there be a unit setting that does it in feet, inches, and standard fractions of an inch as opposed to just decimals of feet. Maybe it could snap to the nearest 16th of an inch?

2 Likes

Interesting feature request, we definitely have to improve localization. I will put this on the roadmap. Does it work like this in other CAD?

Thanks Istvan, I found the answer: WolidWorks saved the file with “.step” extension. I changed this to “.stp” and the files imported beautifully. This workaround is fine for me now that I know it - perhaps, though, you could have Shapr3D recognise both .stp and .step file extensions?