Bug List

• [ ] Freeform didn’t allow applying sketch items to start the Freeform. Buggy
  • [ ] Undo order is not consistent- inadvertent sketch item when you wanted to extrude. Then you undo and other lines show up where you have deleted.
  • [ ] While attempting a chamfer/round on a tangent path the app dropped out. That is, as the tangent path became highlighted it went blank. The app was available still when I double pressed the home button. No data was lost.
  • [ ] Hollow failure greater than .1 on complicated objects
  • [ ] Freeform causes other surfaces to turn grey and un-selectable and undo leaves a duplicated body in the same place as the original
  • [ ] Drawing a line on the plane below a solid object loses its dark color. Trying to extrude this line through the object fails, only the darker line outside the object extrudes. See the pic.
  • [ ] Boolean subtraction leaves part of the subtracted object see pic.
  • [ ] Chamfering below -6 changes the numeric value to a positive and causes a round

I wanted to align a line through the center then extrude outward to cut away the object.

[ ] Freeform didn’t allow applying sketch items to start the Freeform. Buggy

Yes, freeform is buggy :frowning: We are working on it a lot. In a few weeks it will be much better.

[ ] Undo order is not consistent- inadvertent sketch item when you wanted to extrude. Then you undo and other lines show up where you have deleted.
Hmm, I will take a look into this.

[ ] While attempting a chamfer/round on a tangent path the app dropped out. That is, as the tangent path became highlighted it went blank. The app was available still when I double pressed the home button. No data was lost.
We fix tons of bigs like this in the last few days, the new release is on its way.

[ ] Hollow failure greater than .1 on complicated objects
Yes, unfortunately the hollow algorithm is far from being robust. :frowning: We have reported these issues to the OpenCASCADE team.

[ ] Freeform causes other surfaces to turn grey and un-selectable and undo leaves a duplicated body in the same place as the original
Yes, we know about this one, will be fixed next week.

[ ] Drawing a line on the plane below a solid object loses its dark color. Trying to extrude this line through the object fails, only the darker line outside the object extrudes. See the pic.
Hmm, weird, I will take a look at this.

[ ] Boolean subtraction leaves part of the subtracted object see pic.
It seems we will have to fine tune it.

[ ] Chamfering below -6 changes the numeric value to a positive and causes a round
Huh, I will check this out as well.

Thanks a lot for this detailed report, it is very useful for us.

1 Like

Wow, lost the outside of a humidifier I was sculpting. I started to drag the selection I of the internal tube of the center object to reduce its diameter and the outside revolve caused this. Tried to undo back to before this action but undo didn’t work. Ugh.

Ugh indeed :frowning: I am very sorry. Gonna check out this one this week.

Hi there. Just been getting a problem this afternoon with disappearing lines - see pic below. When I draw a line or an arc the line appears until I release the pencil and then it disappears and only the three little circles are left. It is happening repeatedly with this model and cannot continue with it. When I launch a new workspace it all seems to work OK again. Must be a problem with the part of the model I have made so far that is causing the problem with line drawing.

Managed to solve the problem with this workspace by deleting one of the other parts of the model (not shown in the above pic). It was the backplate for the flintlock mechanism. Not sure why it caused a problem - it was created by drawing a composite line and extruding.

Have had a few problems when I have drawn a series of regular lines and arcs to create a shape on the floor grid, but when I join up the last line, the surface does not appear. When I look at the lines in detail they all appear to join up to each other. The problem arises when I have zoomed in to a different level to do some of the smaller lines - usually arcs at corners. I think that these lines have different snap points due to a change in size in the grid. I have managed to get round this by making sure I am at the same zoom level whenever I am joining up a line to the previous one. Not sure if it is possible to sort this out so that snap points co-incide whatever the zoom level, but thought I would just let you know about this. Many thanks. Andy

Thanks, I will take a look into this.

If you could send a STEP export one of these files when the problem arises that would be very helpful.

Hi Istvan. The link below should give you access to a step file that demonstrates this. I zoomed in to draw the two arcs at the ends and zoomed out to draw the straight lines.

1 Like

Thanks, I could reproduce the issue.

It seems you were right, it really is an issue with zoom level + grid point calculation. Thanks for the report, it was very helpful.

Just fixed it, thanks again. Will be included in the next release.

Duplicate objects - Hi Istvan. One thing I have just noticed is that sometimes you can get duplicate objects. I saved a project to dropbox as a step file with the intention of openning it in A360. However, I clicked on the Shapr3d icon instead and downloaded it back into Shapr3d. I then found that all of the objects had been duplicated in my workspace - only noticed this when I tried to fillet some edges and it looked rather odd. It was OK to get around this - just deleted the extra objects and all is OK. Just wondered if there is something about the way file downloads are handled that could be looked at. Might be better if any downloaded step file is treated as a new workspace. Wonder also if it would be helpful for workspaces to be named and for it to be possible to rename them? Anyway, haven’t thought all of this through but thought I would just let you know. Thanks. Andy

Holy Moly! I will check this out, thanks.

Oh, I see what is wrong. The imported file is added to you currently open workspace. We can easily change this behaviour if it is not OK.

Hi there guys. I have just found a bit of an issue with a workspace causing the app to crash. The link below should give you access to the step file. The file loads OK but as soon as I try to create any new objects the app crashes. I have had larger workspaces than this so it is not just file size. You can see that I have done a lot of copying of objects and suspect this may be causing the problem? Anyway, just thought I would let you know. Many thanks. Andy https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld9gkrswqgz3v71/Waterwheel.stp?dl=0