Get in touch with Shapr3D Support faster

If you are experiencing issues with the Shapr3D app and you need faster help with:

• technical issues
  • account management
  • license activation
  • payments
    please contact Shapr3D’s support team at support@shapr3d.com
6 Likes

Exporting files on iPad to step file format and opening it with SolidWorks under win10 64-bit system will prompt format error and cannot be edited and savedimage

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I just got the latest update and this fix my issue and I have my project file back working again. I am so happy!

1 Like

Exporting stl files has flipped units. I am having to select export as mm to get inches on my printer software (both Cura and Prusa Slicer).

2 Likes

Hi @Ctodmodel, just for the record, let me link here the answer for your other thread on the same topic.

1 Like

Is there a document that tells me what features are not available before buying? I’m trying to extrude a defined hole thru a body and it doesn’t seem to work

I’m a SolidWorks user. I was quite good with that so I’m guessing the free version does not extrude

Hi! Only the export features are locked in the Basic version. Please contact us in a support ticket using the link below and send some screenshots or a screen recording about the issue, we are here to help.

https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I select the sketch in the tree like I would in SW and then extrude button. Nothing happens. No drag ability in either direction. I’ll try to get screenshots

Shapr3D works differently. We don’t have a feature tree for example at the moment. The UI that you are referring to is the Items menu, which is a list of objects you have in your workspace. Instead select the profile in the 3D view, and extrude.

On second thought I’m leaving Apple products early next year anyway so I’ll just stay with SolidWorks

Shapr3D is available on Windows too :slight_smile:

Our Customer Success Managers are always happy to help you get started with Shapr3D. Did you talk with them already?

As Istvan said we’re happy to help you get started with Shapr3D and show you around our Windows app. Can you contact us at csm@shapr3d.com? Let’s set up a call for next week.

Am I not able to use any non Apple Pencil stylus? Theres no option to use one and it doesnt work when I try

Hey! The Apple Pencil is the officially supported input device for Shapr3D on iPads. If you are using third-party pencils, there may be some tools that will not work properly.

Hi hope you are doing well.

I have two issue with importing dwg files.

1. I was trying to import it from my google drive into the app on iPad but it didn’t work (the file wasn’t active to import - It was low in opacity icon showing it’s not a proper file or it’s deactivated.) . So I copied the file to my local device and it worked! So there might be and issue with cloud files . Would please let me know if this happens for everyone or it’s just me.

2. I tried to import the dwg files locally and it takes for ever for the app to read them. Actually never opened.

Please help.
Thanks