Joining models for emblem?

Hello all, New guy here, learning this awesome piece of kit.

I ran into a issue that I cant figure out, I have a model of a horse running, id like to join 4 together, to make 1 long emblem for a car. here is the idea as I see it.

here is the model im working with. Any help is appreciated, looking to get an overall length of 13.5" nose to last tail, and about 2.25" tall, feet to neck.

Once you’ve replicated them and moved them into place, you’ll use the Union Tool to join them as one solid unit.

Thank you, but that operation says it fails. I had to rotate the trailing 3 horses to make that rendering, when trying to join them on the same plane, the heads of the last 3 get lost in the body.

Ah, you’ll need to overlap them a bit. Select each body, then change the view to the top, then slightly rotate them such that the head are higher than the next body.

When I do that, the bottom plane has gaps, and they look more like shingles.

still cant get them to join. But its progress!

Ok, another method would be to keep them all flat on a plane and then subtract each subsequent horse from the previous. Place them where you want them, then use the Subtract Tool. Select the front horse then the 2nd horse. Pay attention to any settings about keeping original. Then repeat this for the remaining horses. Then try Union of the 4 remaining bodies.

trying to join them now crashes shapr, or gives errors, care to have a look at my mistakes?

I’m unable to open your file, as it says it’s incompatible with my version. Are you using the Beta version?

app version 5.552.6503.0 #a11bc56e

let me try another format.

Save it in Shapr3D format

Hmmm, there’s still a version issue. I’m on the released version 5.560.0.6524. Not the beta version or parametric version.

I can’t open any of your files. Sorry

1 Like

I suppose ill have to chat with support, odd that you cant open a file, in shapr’s own format.

Though I greatly appreciate your time and efforts.

@McD, I appreciate your prompt assistance. I was able to open the file using version 5.560.6525. Could you confirm if you’re using this version as well?

@FLV, the horses you’ve imported are meshes with properties that may not be fully compatible with a CAD modeling tool like Shapr3D, such as overlapping polygons or various mesh errors. To resolve this, please combine the bodies using a mesh editor tool.

I was able to join 2 of them, but no more. Ill try a few other things.

Peter, I just downloaded the 6524 the other day. I do not have 6525 yet. McD

Your best bet may be to reproduce the model using the STL as a guide to create a sketch you can extrude. The same way you would use and image to draw a sketch over. In this case that is what I would do.

But other than the outline, he’d lose all the 3D details.