Lens materials in product visualisation

Hello everyone,
I draw the models of my products for advertising visuals. I wonder if there is a feature that we can control the reflection of surfaces such as lenses or glass while visualising the models? As seen in the sample picture, the image reflected in the lens reflects the side of the product irrelevantly. I hope I was able to explain :slight_smile: good work everyone

2 Likes

Hi,

Sadly it’s an artifact created by the rendering technique used, so we can’t really get rid of it. You could try using different glass materials, as they have different index of refraction, e.g. switching from “Clear Glass - Thick” to “Clear Glass - Thin”.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer @Laci_K ,
I tried your suggestion but I couldn’t get the result I wanted. I am editing my image with photoshop again to get the result I want. I hope the visualisation will be improved in future updates.

Is there an application you can recommend regardless of the subject? I am only interested in product visualisation. I want to draw my product with Sahpr3D and visualise it in a realistic way.

1 Like

Keyshot is a good option in my opinion, but it really depends on what’s the goal quality, and how familiar you get with the software, and also how much you are willing to spend on it. It’s available on macOS and Windows.

Blender is free, though I find it’s UX pretty bad, if you spend enough time with it, it can produce good results.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, as you said, the blender is really functional, but for beginners like me it is a complete disaster. UX is very bad, I couldn’t get used to it. What I like about Shapr3d is that UX is really good so I don’t want to break away from shapr :slight_smile:

1 Like