Loft from sketch A to sketch B along a spline?

In Fusion 360, I was able to sketch two shapes set apart on different planes, then sketch a spline along a perpendicular plane that could guide a loft between the two sketches. It seems in Shapr I can either loft from shape A to shape B, or loft A along a perpendicular spline but it will maintain the same shape along the whole spline.

Am I missing another way to do this?

2 Likes

Hi @BrokenAxle, you are right. We don’t have guided lofts yet. We will improve our surface modeling capabilities in Q1/Q2 significantly though.

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply @Istvan. At least I know I wasn’t missing something. I look forward to next year’s enhancements!

2 Likes

That’s good news! I’m also waiting for the modification of this tool. It would be very useful :wink:

2 Likes

Will love it too

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this? I am trying to model an inlet for a water jet and don’t know how to solve this without this feature.

Does this work for you?

5 Likes

How to draw all those guide lines?

The key was making construction planes via 3 Points. The circle is 8" in diameter in this example. Let me know if you need anything else.
-Mike

3 Likes

Thanks @TigerMike , I got it. I hope next improvement is using only a curve connecting center of circle and rectangular as the loft guide

1 Like

Thanks @TigerMike for the suggestion and explainer video. This is perfect for what I needed to achieve.