Materials are here!

My attempt at using visualize to make the Shapr3D logo

9 Likes

I use mostly carbon fibre would it be possible to add colour change to it as I use colour tinted epoxy for some things and it would be helpful to see the colour rather than just the standard black.

Also when you can could some of other weaves be added e.g Unidirectional, Triaxial and Honeycomb

Liking the update so far well done

4 Likes

I’m really glad that you like Visualization🙏 We’ll keep improving our material library over time. The next set of materials are coming soon, and we are continuously exploring what materials and material options we should add. I’ve forwarded your request to the team.

5 Likes

Could it possible for users to add materials using images? I find myself wanting to texture surfaces using photos (e.g. grass), but that is a very manual process right now.

3 Likes

Nice feature but useless for me without ability to make custom materials with my own images and export option to OBJ with textures!

3 Likes

We’ve just released it for Windows today, with version 5.200!

Hey – starting with 5.200, it’s now possible to include the textures in USDZ exports. It’s only on Apple platforms and for the USDZ format for now, but glTF support and availability on Windows is also coming in a few weeks.

2 Likes

hey looking forward to using materials on windows finaly :smiley:
been trying some of the materials, specialy wood, and have seen that its not able to rotate material, fo example woodgrain to right direction, or to change brightnes of wood material or color.
im not sure it its posible to do on iPad and MacOS, but like to see that change in near future.
just keep up your work :+1:

1 Like

It’s not yet possible on any of the supported platforms. Shapr3D on Windows is now very close to feature parity with the other platforms. Material orientation settings are coming soon to every platform.

3 Likes

@Istvan

What about a “refresher webinar” for those 3 overlooked points? I’m sure it would help a lot of people and teach three things or two to some others.

Software doesn’t have to be blamed if people -not offending, just being objective and factual- jump to conclusions (extremely complex aspects) without even reading the first paragraph (getting the basics “right”) !

Fangs and teeth out. As a dev myself, I wouldn’t let anyone criticize what I do if they don’t at least get the main 3 points (there are always 3 points no matter what you do, right?) “right”.

2 Likes

In woodworking, grain orientation is very important. When designing a table for exemple, you can’t imagine having a leg with the grain horizontally oriented. This is a must have when adding a wood texture. Do you have any idea if this feature could be added soon or later?

Coming soon :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, wen grain orientation?
And endgrain. Is this feature in plans?
Working now with timber frame construction. I am currently not using wood material at all since grain orientation is not here.

It’s the next item on the Visualization team’s roadmap.

2 Likes

Visualisation viewer for mobile phones is next must have.
This will give extremely added value for Shapr3d users by allowing our clients enjoy delivered design and share it further.
I do expect more fee mobile viewer downloads than Sharpr3D itself and a lot new prospects for Sharpr3D.

You don’t need to wait any longer :slight_smile:

You are fast :smile:
Is cloud service required?
Can I drop to on my own web server? Embed in html?

2 Likes

Hey Guys is it Possible to creat the forged carbon look in a new Material?
we really need somerhing like that.
with kind regards From Switzerland

1 Like

Finally! Thank you! :smile: