Measurement tools desperately needed

Measurement tools are needed. Measure angles, area, circumference, distance etc.

Beyond whats shown at the bottom of the screen, when tapping on various entities?

Hello! Welcome to the Shapr3d forum!
To measure the distance between two edges, faces or bodies simply tap on them to have them selected and the distance between them will be displayed at the bottom of the workspace.
For plane surfaces without edges:

• You can draw two lines across the surface at the points you want to measure the distance,
  • Tap on the lines to select them and the distance between the lines will be displayed as well at the bottom of the workspace

No need for a tool. It’s already there.

1 Like

I see your replies. Sure I see the info on the bottom.

Needed? Maybe not. Handy? I think so. Just a suggestion

Creating reference lines and snipping them later is kind of clunky.

Alibre Atom has a measurement tool that I use often.

Doing the guitar tuner tutorial I wanted to loft the flat gear at an angle to match the worm gear face. To find the angle I drew 2 lines and then erase them. A measurement tool with dashed lines that do not affect the the extrusion would be very handy I think. :crazy_face:

1 Like

the data that are displayed in the software is a little bit hard to understand, and no graphic enough.

a tool, like the one we find in solid edge that belong to sirens for example, is perfect for being integrated to Shapr3D.

We’ve updated the Measure tool recently:

1 Like

Hi,

I came in to Shapr3D after some months of inactivity only to see that I can’t measure stuff anymore?

I can’t beleve my eyes!!! Look at the picture, I want to know the distance to the edge, aka how wide the “wall” is, but there but after reading the forums and googling I find no way of doing this?

This was possible before?! And showing only area, I can think of zero reasons why you can’t show width and height next to it!?

Please fix this now! I’m a paying customer trying to get work done here…

1 Like

You’ll need to select the two edges to display the distance. This behavior did not change for years.