Measuring simple body face

I created a ver simple cone by sketching a circle, extruded it to a required height
and then scaled the top face down. Now I would like to know what the new measurement of the upper circle is (diam, radius etc)… very simple, right?!
BUT if selecting only the surface value is shown, with the measurement tool I cannot select 2 points on that face etc…

I attach also the simple workflow showing that I was able to the measurments before scaling and then they disapper… How to work to exact measurements?

Any suggestions?!

There are a few ways how you can achieve this in a parametric environment. I’d not try to do this by scaling an edge.

1. Revolve a profile. You can control the diameters with the profile.
  2. Loft two circles. You can control the diameters with the circles.
  3. Extrude a circle and apply a draft angle. You can control the diameter with the draft angle.

Thank you! Yes, I‘ve done all that… BUT, if I have created a basic shape, change something (here the upper diameter) and then want to know what size it has or change it to a specific value why does the measurement tool doesn‘t allow me that with a ‚modefied‘ circle in thos case? And the unchanged surface (the lower circle) can then not be measured as well… Its like direct modelling without knowing any resulting sizes…