Min-max distance

While the hint suggests it is possible to select 2 arcs, this is not possible. I can select only 1 arc and then a point or line. Try it between the small upper arc and the large lower arc in the top view.

Project attached.

Serge

Klauwkap.shapr (57.0 KB)

Hi Serge,

It works for me. Can you regularly select multiple lines? You probably know this, if using a mouse, you’ll need to hold down shift.

Yes, I can select multiple lines, no mouse. iPad Pro with pencil. Still not working…

Same hardware here. Perhaps if you zoom in to select the small arc first would help.

What happens when it fails for you? Does the first arc become de-selected?

Strange…, sometimes it works, sometimes the other arc gets deselected, sometimes I can’t select the second arc.

That sounds like progress!

If you have the M2 iPad and where there is interaction with the pencil when it is in proximity but not touching, you can see what will be selected. You want to be sort of quick when doing the select, and not “stutter step” with the pencil.

I’m pretty much out of ideas. I suggest making a project that has some arcs and lines and just practice selecting. Try going faster and slower, changing the angle of the pencil, to try to find the “sweet spot” between you, the pencil, and the iPad. After you find it and get it in you muscle memory, you’ll be less frustrated with something you have to do a lot in Shapr3d.

Good Luck!

Nope, first gen iPad :pensive:

Yesterday I tried again… NO way to select 2 arcs… selecting the second cancels the first… :pensive:

Serge

@YouvebeenSerged it may sound basic, but can you please check if:

1. The Pencil works fine in any other application
  2. The tip of the pencil is tightened?

On iPad, multiple selection is possible by selecting elements after each other and the second point from the list above can cause selection issues.

If the issue persists, please open a support ticket using the link below and we’ll find a solution.
https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sure it works fine :slight_smile: I made the whole project with the pen, it’s just very difficult to select both arcs. Very strange…

Got it! Then please enable the showing of Pencin and finger touches from the Settings of your iPad under Shapr3D and send us a screenshot either here or in a support ticket.

Thanks

Thanks! According to the video, you accidentally tap next to the arcs before selecting them which drops the current selection.

Can you please zoom in a bit more so you can select the arcs more accurately?

I see, it is the same behavior. A tap first next to the arc deselects the previous element.

What happens if you select the arc on the left or right side instead of the middle?

No difference. But I found a way to reproduce the problem. Select both arcs and it works fine, select ´min-max distance’ first and the problem arises :slight_smile:

Hey @YouvebeenSerged,
Could you please share your design with the drawing included to help us to investigate this issue? I wasn’t able to reproduce it.

Klauwkap.shapr (57.0 KB)

Thank you for you help and for bringing it up. This is a bug unfortunately, we’ll working on it. There is a workaround until it’s fixed.