Model loading after every thing I do. Why?

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 13.49.01
Here is my Mac spec.

I believe it is powerful enough to handle Shapr 3D. If I do any action even a simple one like moving a basic shape the program takes a moment to load each time.

Why does this do this? Is it saving up to a server or something? If so how can I set that to a timer so it does it every 5-10 minutes? Loading after each time I do anything distracts my work flow.

Thanks

Ben

It can be caused by a couple of different issues:

• you may have 5000+ parts in your design
  • you have a very very long parametric history, thousands of steps. In this case if you are not using the parametric functionality, you should merge the history.

I have this situation where I am trying to delete the 2 buggies on the right. The buggy on the left its a copy of the middle model and everything associated with the left hand model has been copied into a separate folder.

however when I delete the middle and the right model the left is also deleted. I notices before that if I make something from a drawing and I delete that drawing the object gets deleted with the drawing.

How can I avoid these unwanted deletes?

By merging the history. Merging the history will remove the dependencies. Iā€™d recommend watching a couple of the new parametric modeling tutorials.

How about give us option to turn off the parametric history? Not everyone is an engineer or wants that function

1 Like

I tried to merge history and the app keeps crashing, any other better solution solution?

1 Like