Shapr3d runs very slow on PC and Ipad after parametric update

Shapr3d runs very slow and lagging on my PC and Ipad. Even to draw a line, it takes a while to process. Is this due to the history saving process at each step? Or a bug?

PC: Ryzen 7 5700x, 64GB ram, RTX 4060Ti 8GB
iPad pro M2 11"

This screen is from my PC, on Ipad is also the same:

Usually designs like this are only 30MB in size but now they are 100MB in size. This is a medium difficulty design, but Shapr3d is very slow to process. I can’t imagine making a more complex designs like before Parametric update.

I also found something weird:

1. After force closing the app, the design is not saved automatically like in previous versions. There are some steps that have not been saved. But the Autogenerated Backup folder appears containing complete files, exactly the same as they were after forcing the application to close. Is this also part of the History feature? Autogenerated Backup obviously doubles the file size, does this also affect Shapr3d’s performance?

2. The subtract tool is acting strange, when I set it to keep original file ON, it always goes back to OFF. I didn’t even realize I lost an important body because of this.

I hope there is a button to unlink sketch from body soon.

Thanks

Let me search for you :rofl:

1 Like

I have that same lagging performance with sketching as you do in your video. I’m on Mac though.

I didn’t have the Autogenerated Backup folder though in my project though.

I have same issue with latest update and my 2023 iPad is struggling to work

That last file with only 19 bodies :frowning:

I’d recommend you send this file into the Shapr team and see if they can fix it.

I even lost my designs after parametric update, it always force closes after I want to open the file. I have sent them the file. I hope they can fix it because the progress is already 90%. I feel insecure with auto backup not working like before.

This has happened to me twice. The first one they were able to send me a fixed version of the project back and the second I was told that they were fixing the problem with an update.

The thing about the second one though, it was just crashing on my Windows laptop but I was able to open it on my iPad.