Mug and projection struggle

I did this pattern but it was a struggle . How you guys will do it to get black stripes on the mug ?

2 Likes

Here’s just one way to do it.

I did it this way so that I can change the stripe colour at will.

There many other ways to do this.

EDIT: Please see my later video for an even quicker and more efficient way.

1 Like

Hello,

@welshsteve solution is great as it allows to change the colors at will.
The only limitation is you can’t union the bodies to create a single body mug, as it would kill the stripes.
If you want a single body mug, you have to create an edge one way or the other, for instance as in the video.

1 Like

Alternatively, creating even a slight edge would allow the segments to be unioned and still be selectable.

Or, one could project the stripes onto a single body cup allowing each stripe to be coloured individually.

As I stated, there are numerous ways but unfortunately they’re all tedious :rofl:

@Isa

After some thought, I’ve come up with much faster and more efficient solution…

No splitting into segments or creating edges. Just one solid body.

Easy to adjust colours at will.

I think @PEC will agree too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow ! Thank you :pray:
The cup at the lower part is angled, bottom is smaller in diameter than middle of the cup. Therefore I was fighting with projecting the pattern plus I was adding the pattern to the finished cup . I created separate body and “injected” in the cup. The black wide strip is separate part as this is a holder made of rubber to hold the hot cup.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the finished product :ok_hand:

1 Like

3 Likes

Cool !

sön 10 juli 2022 kl. 15:06 skrev martin via Shapr3D forums <notifications@shapr3d.discoursemail.com>:

mug.shapr (1.1 MB)