Mysterious Lost Bodies

Completed a complex enclosure project (front and back bodies), exported to STL for printing. Left computer totally alone and on (windows 11) and when I came back to the project about 1 hour later, the project was missing just completed bodies. Just gone. Disappeared. I did not delete any sketches (stored all in a folder (pain in a$$) or bodies accidentally or otherwise. I checked every folder. I undid all previous actions. I closed and restarted the software. I rebooted the computer. Nothing! The auto backup is worthless as it did not capture the material changes. Since the new version, I have found this software to be very buggy, sluggish, annoying and I’m hoping it has not caused me to lose hours of highly detailed work. My hourly rate is much higher than I’m paying for this software but if Shapr 3D keeps making my job more difficult than it needs to be, I’m going to ask for payment from them. Any others experiencing this/these mysterious project/bodies disappearing problems?

Yep, happened to me today. Copy an existing body to modify it and make a new part. Was still there for the first hour. All of a sudden the original disappeared. Had to go back about 50 steps to get it back and then re-do everything. With all the issues (especially one model with approx 400hrs of work into it, the original is still unusable. Had to find a workaround with other users to simply continue to work.) I can’t afford to bite that by re-doing everything to work under the new paradigm.

1 Like

Hi, sorry to hear about your struggles. Can you share the workspace in .shapr format?

No, I can’t share because the files are now a mess with all the missing bodies, piece parts etc. Not sure what to do now. Is your system crashing??? please be transparent.

1 Like

It seems as if your software has gone unhinged. I have to stop working on my project now as everything I do can’t be relied on. I can’t afford waste anymore time on it. Fix it or I’m a lost customer.

1 Like

If you can share the design we can fix it. Please contact the support team directly.