Need help filling the sketched space

I need help filling this space. I have tried to use extruding and loft but have not had and luck with both of those. I have included the native format and a video of the sketch. Use the link below to the google drive as I am not able to upload documents yet.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14Je3dOyVVym3rlpgUwo5Eymc4SZmuO9O

Thank you for the help!

For now I found one way, not very elegant, so I continue thinking.

Extruded all faces, then replace a lot of faces to make them overlap and in the end just subtruct what I got from big cube.

1 Like

Here is the best way I found.

3 Likes

Totally agree that it’s the best approach.
I used a brute force method using a series of tapered extrusions & unions (UGLY).
Nice job!

3 Likes

Thank you for the help!

Hi,

here are to alternative solutions that I think are worth mentionning:

• the first one uses sweep instead of extrude and circular pattern to build the body in “additive” way
  • the second one is based on how one would actually machine the part from a draft cylinder with a CNC machine, so “subtractive” way. The rectangle shape represents the milling cutter and the sweep along the axis is the mouvement of the milling cutter. I find often useful to think how to machine a part when I want to model it.

Best,
Pec

3 Likes

@PEC, absolutely worth mentioning. Bravo!
Both are great solutions. I often utilize the ‘negative space’ when modeling although I don’t think of it as machining a part however essentially it is. Again, nicely done!

1 Like