Need help for school project

Hello all,
I’m trying to design this box for a school project unfortunately I’m stuck I can’t even make the box itself.
in principle I know how to draw but the 3D is beyond me.
if someone could help me by explaining the procedure to me that would be great.
Thank you in advance Alexandre

1 Like

One thing that might help is to make your box with the rounded corners like you were shown before.

Then change the color of the box, adding transparency so you can see inside it. makes it easier to subtract other bodies from that main body.

Of course that assumes you are using the payed version.

When subtracting from bodies to make lids etc, I like to make a copy of the original body and move it off to the side. then you can make the lid from one body and the bottom from the other body. then use the shell tool respectively.

Make a box & a copy. image

2 Likes

Made 2 rectangles to subtract to make the lid and bottom image

1 Like

Duplicating the body to make features.

1 Like

1 Like

Is this close to what you’re looking for. I started off with a square box then made a round ball and used the shell tool to hollow out the ball. The reason I started off with a square box is you have to move the ball overtop the box. Use the subtract tool to get the rounded corners. This will get all 4 corners rounded off at the same time. After that you will have to cut the box in half and move it to the size you need and pull the center sides together and use the union tool to join them back together as one. Then use the shell tool to hollow out the box. Just do the top of the box then duplicate the box and flip it 180 degrees to make the bottom. This is extremely condensed down but if you use the tutorials they will fill in the blanks.

1 Like