New bug on IPAD version, Apple Pencil stop responding

The apple pencil stop responding to objects but still working on menus

The apple pencil was charged, and the app version is 5.180.0.3642

Something doesn’t look right, where is your sketching plane.

1 Like

that’s not the point

Please let us know your workflow that ended up in this result, a fix way to reproduce the issue is always the starting point for finding the causes. If you upload or send us the workspace in a support ticket, that would also be super helpful.

It happens to all my projects occasionally, I can’t guarantee a workspace that would reproduce it.

It may be a totally basic question, but did you check the pencil tip is tightened? Based on the video, double tap interactions are the only bottleneck

the pencil tip is tightened and the pencil was not completely not responding, it only doesn’t respond to the object but not the menus and buttons.
As you can see in the video, it was fixed after I opened the text and write something.

I see, that is why I pointed out double-tap interactions. If you have a way to reproduce it or a workspace to share, please send them to us.

personal point of view: I’m using Shapr3D with a gen2 Pencil for hours a day and have never seen this issue. Once I had a faulty Pencil that failed to be recognized properly if the iPad heated up during video calls and Shapr3D. That Pencil produced different issues in other apps during handwritten notes, etc

It’s not just the double tap not working, the single tap is not working as well, you can see in the video I tried to draw a sketch and still not responding

We’ll keep an eye open, if you have any more details to share, please do share them.

In the meantime, for some reason, you sent all your messages twice. I removed one of each duplicate.

I sent it twice because the forum seems to have glitches on safari, every first time I reply to you, it doesn’t reply “to” you but an individual reply in this thread. And the second time I reply to you, it works fine, quite annoying.

I sent it twice because the forum seems to have glitches on safari, every first time I reply to you, it doesn’t reply “to” you but an individual reply in this thread. And the second time I reply to you, it works fine, quite annoying.

I have had this on other apps as well. I thinks it’s the iOS and pen interface, not your “directly” Shaper3d.

1. Redock the pen, wait a few seconds and try again.
    if no good…
  2. Reboot the iPad with the pen in the dock.

These are the only fixes I know to resolve this problem.