Newbie here. I’m trying a very simple design where I make a simple sketch, constrain it, then extrude it, make a couple chamfers to the edges, go back to the sketch and change something. The 3D model seems to become “detached” from the sketch instead of adjusting to match it.
How to recreate:
- Sketch a circle, constrain its diameter to 3cm.
- Sketch another, say 5cm.
- Constrain the circles do they’re concentric.
- Sketch a line from the bottom of the smaller circle to the bottom of the larger.
- Constrain the line so it’s 2cm.
Now the larger circle will always be concentric to the smaller and always 2cm larger. Perfect.
- Rotate the viewport, select the “donut” space between the two circles and extrude say 8cm.
Now I have an 8cm long tube with an inner diameter of 3cm and an outer diameter of 5cm. I can play with the edges to make them rounded. Works great.
- Go back to the sketch (double tap the top of the cylinder)
- Tap the smaller circle and change the diameter to 3cm.
What is expected: the donut changes so it’s got an i.d. of 3cm and o.d. of 5cm, with the same chamfers it had a moment ago.
What happens: the tube doesn’t change at all, but the sketch does.
I’m absolutely sure I’m doing something wrong. What is it?