Objects along a spline

I’m trying to create a curved, tiled roof. I’ve sketched a spline/arc and extruded it. And have created individual tiles, is there anyway to place my tile objects evenly at a tangent to the spline?

Currently, I’ve placed them manually and they’re not quite lined up correctly and have gaps preventing me from being able to union them all together.

@twilson
Welcome to the Forum, your Design looks great :sunglasses::+1:
If your Spline could be replaced by a segment of a Circle you could use:

Tools > Rotate around axis to copy and move them.

or

Transform > Move/Copy > Place the Centre of the this tool on the axis > Tap the Copy Icon and move them.
To ensure accurate placement, but personally I do not think it will look as good as your achievement.

Looking at your Design suggests that the upper portion of the Spline has less of a curve than the lower portion?
To force a Union you could create a ‘modification’ something like this:

Whatever projection you choose will need to be set back from the visible edge face, not to give the game away.

IMO your tiling is ‘perfect’, show me a picture of a similar roof that is aligned as accurately.
Imperfections in this instance may enhance rather than detract from the overall effect?
Keep up the good work, happy S3Ding :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve ended up going with this, as I need it lofted for 3D printing (making a pagoda roof)

I was able to Union it. Next will be the mitred corners and additional tiles.

I’m just too much of a perfectionist for my own good, I think.

1 Like

@twilson
A man has to do what a man has to do, nothing wrong with aiming for perfection.

Can you lay the tiles 90° from what you have in the drawing?