Offset tool usage

I am not very happy with the new offset tool usage when you have to select the object first and the offset it. If you want to offset some more objects in a row, you have to select, move, deselect, select next, move etc.

The old usage of the toll has been much smarter and faster

Hi Jens, thanks for the feedback and I will passed it on to our product team.

We just released an updated app version that allows using the tool’s “Single” offset type from our adaptive modeling menu to offset multiple body edges or connected sketch lines and curves.
They just have to be on the same face or sketch plane.
I hope that this somehow helps improve your workflow.

I have the same problem: I have several circles (all the same size and in the same plane) that I want to increase in diameter all by the same amount. I fail to select them all and change them in 1 go with the offset edge tool. There are dozens of them, so selecting and adjusting them one by one is going to take a long time. Is there a solution for this?

Cheers

If you generate them from the Pattern tool, you can change one and affect all of them.

If you do it individually, you can use area select, and filter down to sketches, that makes selection easier, but in the end, one way or another, you have to select all of them.

Nah, it’s that darn fret-scale, so I can’t do that with the pattern tool.
One by one it will be. :sweat_smile:

Maybe something for in the future?

What I would do, is create the circles on a construction plane parallel to the fretboard, but a bit away from it, this way you can easily select the whole sketch plane at once, and when you find the right size, just project them to the fretboard.