Pro subscription and family sharing

I have a Pro subscription and am curious whether my father will be able to use it as well so we can collaborate on designs… the iOS App Store shows your app supports family sharing, but it is unclear if in-app purchases like the Pro subscription will be available to family members. Can you say? Thanks!

Unfortunately Apple does not allow sharing In-App Purchases :frowning:

Thanks for the reply, although :frowning: .

Good morning.
I’d like to back to the topic.
Has anything changed in terms of family subscription sharing since 2018? If not, do you plan to allow family sharing in the future? If not available in family sharing, why on the AppStore is the information about family sharing.
thank you in advance for the support.

Good question. It looks like family sharing of subscriptions is fine now in AppStore. Does it just work in Shapr3D now? I am not sure how they handle separate family logins for the same “purchase”.

What types of content can I share with my family?

You can share content that you purchase from Apple including music, movies, tv shows, apps, and books. You can also share your Apple subscriptions including Apple One.

What you can share

• Music, movies, and TV shows from the iTunes Store or Apple TV app.
  • Books from the Book Store in Apple Books.
  • Apps you can purchase or download from the App Store.
  • Subscriptions and in-app purchases from participating apps.
    Subscriptions from Apple, including:
    • Apple One Family and Premier plans
    • Apple Music family subscription
    • Apple Arcade
    • Apple Fitness+
    • Apple News+
    • Apple TV+
    • Apple TV channels
    • iCloud storage plans with 200GB or more

@Istvan any feedback on this?

Wife and I both use Shapr for hobbies, but it’s tedious logging in each time. It seems like the issue is that we are logged out of the Shapr3D account, not that the sub isn’t being shared.

We only permit use on one device per account simultaneously, that’s why you are being logged out…

Thanks for the swift reply!

So my only option would be to pay for a second sub?

Are there any plans to add sharing or multi seat accounts?

We do provide team licenses already. The purchase flow is not self service yet, but if you go to our website’s pricing page, you can send a sales inquiry. But for a single additional seat it’s probably easier to simply just buy another one on our website.