Processing but does nothing

Using on MacOS, MacBook Air M1. Often the app will hang processing, the little spinner at the top going. Sometimes for super simple things like an extrude. In this instance, it does that for a while then totally ignores what I asked it to do. That is extrude 10mm. No errors, just nothing accomplished.

Are there issues with Shapr and M1? Is it too weak to do simple extrudes?

I and many of our developers are using Shapr3D mostly on an M1 MacBook, and it is performing really well. Your issue probably not related to the hardware. Can you share more information (screenshots, etc.) about the problem?

That’s so weird. Because I get that processing symbol all the time. Usually it completes what it’s asked to. Its the base MBA, so only 8GB of memory.

Its an SVG I coverted to Autocad format and imported. Just extruding. Already deleted the file to try to start over. Just wondering if anyone else sees things like this. (TBH this MacBook Air M1 seems very underpowered to me with things like Shapr and Affinity Photo, hell even Safari)

1 Like

It’s most likely related to the imported DWG. In some cases, eg. when there are a lot of splines in a sketch, it can be computationally extremely heavy to process certain modeling operations.

1 Like