Procreate 5.2 and files from SHapr3d

This sure needs to be implemented asap. Let’s do this guys

Then I’d strongly recommend nudging Procreate about this. We are also nudging them.

2 Likes

Another reason why Procreate should implement this is that we will never be able to generate an ideal UV map for them, as the “ideal UV map” highly depends on their implementation details. So without knowing these details, we will not be able to generate a high quality UV map for them, that would lead to similar issues that you have now.

1 Like

Had the same result with every 3d file I’ve tried. shapr3d, nomad, forger, even downloaded straight from the web, I either get uv missing, or funky paint results. Looks like a procreate problem to me. I’ve seen a workaround of exporting to blender, but anyone know of a work around that can be done quickly and on the iPad?

1 Like

Shapr3d - Nomad Sculpt - Procreate

1 Like

Created UVs in zbrush then painted in substance painter, no uv issues.Created a usdz file in keyshot no issue then imported it into procreate 5.2 with same uv border artrifacting.It is a procreate issue.

2 Likes

Dimitris has made a good video about the subject (Nomad has gotten UVs after this though)

1 Like

Good read on some of the different 3D formats.

I’m just discovering this problem. It’s unfortunate that two years later nothing has changed. A Shapr3D to Procreate workflow would be amazing! Guess I’ll be writing to Procreate too…

1 Like

Please export the file in .USDZ format. Procreate can import that as well and there will be no problem with the texture.

Fantastic! That worked. Thanks so much for the help!