Quick Export Button

Easier and faster export

Currently, the process of exporting files in Shapr3D involves several steps, including selecting the export format, naming the file, choosing a destination folder, etc. This process can be cumbersome and time-consuming, especially when working on multiple projects or iterations.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

By implementing a dedicated “Quick Save” button, users can streamline the file-saving process. This feature should enable users to quickly save their current project with a predefined file name and format to a specified folder without the need for manual input each time. This will significantly improve efficiency and reduce the time spent on repetitive tasks. The file name could be taken from the document file name.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Without this feature, users are forced to go through the manual export process for each file, which can be a significant workflow blocker, especially when working on tight deadlines or handling numerous files. This feature is essential for improving the overall user experience and ensuring seamless workflow integration within Shapr3D.

3 Likes

I need this feature too. On PC or Mac I can use keyboard shortcut to export, but on iPad the biggest button on the top is a SHARE button that I just never use. In my case, I often export to step file and that cost hundreds of clicks to the option, and I have to wait the next menu pop up.

So firstly, to deal with the hidden option, I am thinking about a custom export menu, which could be similar the share menu on iOS that allows users to customize their export options prioritizes. And secondly, an export preset maybe handy - like the export preset on adobe camera raw, you don’t have to decide every details in each export, a general preset will save time.