Reduce size by extruding tool

Hello everyone,

since I updated the app to the latest version (my last version was around 5.4) there are multiple situations the app tells me the recent action is not possible. In earlier version there was no problem.

Here I’m looking for help to the following: I want to decrease the size by using the extruding tool. That worked perfectly before. Now it seems to be impossible and I see no reason why the action should be false.

Is there any help or what am I doing wrong?

In general, please keep an eye on that the app stays as intuitive as it was before.

Thank you!

Hi,
Can you reach us the part that causes problems because Extrude works correctly.

Before that, let’s see your file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like it should work but it isn’t.

An alternative would be to used an offset plane to cut the body with the split body tool.

Question: Did you import those extrusions from McMaster-Carr?

I’m a little confused. You say “extrude tool,” but the “offset face” tool is selected. Also, can you include the status area (bottom center of screen) in your screenshot.

Thanks for all your replies.

The extrusion profile comes from item Industrietechnik GmbH.

I have to say that with all those profiles and in general with this task as described I did not have any struggle before doing the update some days ago.

Bob, sorry you are right. I meant the offset face tool. So, the action I wanted to do is quiet simple: Touching the face side of the extrusion profile and move the arrow to the right or left until reaching the right size.

Hi @Horsthorst,

This is with an Aluminum Extrusion from McMaster-Carr.

Perhaps the issue is with the extrusion profile you are using??

Maybe you could try with a simple rectangular solid you make in Shapr3D to see if that works as expected.

1 Like

Thank you Bob for the video explanation! With a simple self drawn solid it works, so I guess it’s indeed an issue that comes with the imported file.

1 Like

Does using an offset plane and a cut operation work?