Replace face with more than one STEP face

Problem: Replace face can ot be used on more than one STEP face

Description: Replace face should connect to more than one face on a STEP object

Replace face to the whole or parts of the marked STEP faces are not possible.

Cant achieve: connection to multiple faces of a STEP file

workflow blocker? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?*

Yes it slows down, some things can not be achieved or at least not easily. The mighty replace face command is downgraded when working with STEP files.

1 Like

This is supported already. If it does not work with the STEP file, it’s most likely due to the low quality of the imported geometry.

2 Likes

Ok could you report what and exactly where the problem is or is that a separate feature request? Just leaving the user with doesn’t work is frustrating sometimes. (and there is not much in Shapr that doesn’t, but with STEPs you do encounter those moments)

:man_facepalming:
Holy Miss Moly!
YOU encounter problems with YOUR STEP-File(s), because they are from questionable quality and made from free-form-features.
You may spam the whole forum with “Feature-Requests”, but that would not change anything.
As Istvan already stated in annother of your countless treads complaining about things not working:
You need a tool that works with free-form-modelling-features - and this is not Shapr3D.
Shapr3Ds Features work pretty fine with rule-based-geometry (may it in STEP-format or not) - that is what it is designed for!
Again: what you are doing here is trying to eat soup with a fork… No “feature-request” you place here here will make a spoon from that fork!

That’s not helping Matt, you are getting impolite, just ignore my posts if you dislike them please. Yes I get problems imported STEPS which is not the problem here. A problem is if a Shapr command does not work but at the sam time does not make clear what happens. I am quite sure the Shapr team is interested in this feedback. I also think the Shapr team recognises a weakness of Shapr with imported files.

1 Like