Resizing Hexagon intrusion or extrusion

Jónapot. I think this problem not only applies to the hexagon but all geometric forms, the hexagon is just a good example. If you draw a hexagon and in- or extrude it it is really hard to resize as you can not see or set the original values of the hexagon. The measurement tool does not show the values of the original geometric form. Not sure if this is a feature request but if shapr recognizes a geometric form in a marked part the measurement tool should display the values of that form.
So if I mark the walls of an intruded hexagon the hexagon size should be displayed. This would help a lot. I am sure many of us remove the intrusion and restart instead of doing a resize over and over by trial and error for a fit or do some other workaround like drawing a second hexagon on a plane. The simple shortcut just does not work. Well it works but without measurement.

So this marking of all walls should display the mm2 surfaces of all rectangles and the hexagons and also width and heights or the hexagons and rectangles. Then resizing to a specific size would be easy. Without measurements resizing from that marking its just a wild guess.

Here’s a way to resize a hex extrusion with exact dimensions. i enlarged the hex at the flats from .2" to .25".

2 Likes

Thanks Mike but that’s a workaround. For an exact calculation of something more difficult than 0.2 to 0.25 I would have to get my calculator out or a piece of paper. If that happens Shapr did something wrong. Well not wrong really just inconvenient. It would be just perfect to display discovered geometry “measurements” and resize the marked part by that. Radius, cross section, length of sides. To not disturb ease of use this could be done in the measurement window.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, can you provide an example for “an exact calculation of something more difficult” where you would need to get your calculator out?

1 Like

Yeah I had to adjust a hexagon nut size to a side length of 3,41 and I had a length of 2,71mm.