Screenshot with dimensions?

I do wood working and though I know I can’t get a cut list from shapr3d, what would be awesome is if I can take a screenshot from each angle and include the dimensions of every line.

Hi, welcome to the forum.
For sketches, you lock in the dimensions and then take screenshots from different angles using the iPad screenshot feature. To lock in a sketch dimension, tap on the dimension label and then tap on the lock icon on the Numpad.

For bodies, a rough workaround can be to take screenshots from different angles and then use the markup feature to indicate the dimensions as shown in the attached images

@Victor_Shapr3D or you could just project a sketch from the solid, add dimensions, then take a screenshot.

This is an option too depending what works best for the particular situation :slight_smile:

Could it be a layer type you could turn on and off?

What I’m looking for is a screen shot that shows all dimensions. SImilar to this

@obihann
You can add dimensions but it requires extra effort.
The extra effort requires careful positioning of Lines capable of generating Dimensions:

This is better explained here:

https://discourse.shapr3d.com/t/screenshot-with-dimensions/8784/5

Dimensions for 2D Sketches are reasonable but require a lot of input compared to the manner they are provided in many packages.

The stumbling block for workaround Dimension need to occupy one Plane on a Design View.
Additional Dimensions will require a separate View, e.g., on the Adirondack Chair, using the same 3D position, but with the Side Dimensions on one Plane and a second similar view with the Width Dimensions on another Plane.

Hi, you can then try using the markup tool to indicate the dimensions for the side of the design.

1 Like

@Vassi_solutions

Imported as an Image it could be hidden in Items

@JasonJessica

No need to take a ScreenShot just Offset the Plane capturing the Projection.